Pages

Thursday 25 April 2013

Story about something you found

                         Amphitrite's Shell                 


   That night was horrible. I was in my room in my family's summer cabin in Westhampton Beach, New York. My name is Dave, I'm thirteen. My mom by this cabin when I was ten. I had finished my summer homework. So, I lay down in bed. Suddenly, my vision became black. I can see anything. I tried to switch the light, but my hand touch something. It feels slippery and cold. When I look forward I saw a light. When I near the light it's not a lamp, it's a fish - floating fish. I tried to think is there was any flying fish in the world, but I knew immediately that the fish didn't float. I was underwater. It seems crazy I thing. First, I can breath under water and second, I didn't wet. I remember, I was sleeping - so it's only a dream.
Then, I decided to explore. When I was walking, I heard a creepy voice
            find the lost, and give it back...
            or the world will be ruined...
Suddenly everything went black and I back to my room. My face was sweaty. That was an awful nightmare. What was lost and why the world will be ruined. I think about it, but my body was tired.
  
   The next morning wasn't a nice summer morning. It was raining outside. there were thunder and windstorm.     I remember my dream - the world will be ruined, but it's only a normal hurricane-I thought. During the day time, the hurricane is slowed down. Then, I went outside to buy coffee in the beach cafe. the beach cafe is in the corner of the beach. it's take 10 minutes from my cabin. when I was looking the shore, I saw something glowing. I approached the light. That light came from a shell - a glowing shell. I decided to touch the shell. My hand was vibrating. When I touched the shell, I was feeling like flying - like sea breeze passed through my body. Then, I see a written on it with a symbol like a trident, it was in greek words.  
                                  Ποσειδῶνος 
                              άτλαντα θάλασσα  
I am studying greek word in my latin class. P-O-S-E-I-D-O-N . Poseidon... Poseidon is one of the ancient greek gods. After that, I translate the second line. A-T-L-A-S S-E-A . Atlas sea.. It must be Atlantic ocean. Suddenly, I remember my dream - find the lost, maybe this shell is the lost thing. But who's this shell owner?  maybe it was from historical museum, but I don't know any museum near this beach. Suddenly, I heard someone called my name - "Dave!".
 I looked around, but there was no one. "I'm here" .
 I looked down, there was a dolphin - a blue bottlenose dolphin. I think about it, how can be a dolphin talking - maybe I was dreaming. then the dolphin said, "Dave, you have found it!". 
I'm so confused. Then I asked, "How can you talking like human? and what have I found? Maybe I was crazy!" 
The dolphin answered, "It's real Dave, I'm Meluna the guard of atlantic palace and you have found the missing shell. It was Queen Amphitrite's present from the Lord Poseidon".
"What are you talking about? Amphitrite? Poseidon? you mean all those story are real?" I said. 
Meluna answered, "yes, all those story about greek god, Zeus, Hades and all are real".
Then, I asked "So, my dream about lost thing is real, too?"
Meluna said, "Yes, It was a sign that the shell will show itself to you." 
"But, why me? I'm only an ordinary kid that living in this beach for summer break."
It take two minute for her to answer, "I cannot answer that. Magic item has its own desire and this shell has choose you. So, I'm here to take it back" 
Then, the dolphin take the shell from my hand. "I have to go now. I hope can see you again soon!" there is something strange when she said soon. she wave her tail - I think it was goodbye in dolphin version. I watched her swam until I can see her. Suddenly, the rain stopped and the sun appeared. Then, I understand the meaning of my dream. find the lost and give it back.. or the world will be ruined. So - if it was true, I have to find the Queen Amphitrite lost shell or she will be angry and sea will invaded the land. I wasn't sure about anything that happened today. I will keep it as a secret, if anyone know maybe they will said I'm a crazy boy who believed dolphin can talked -_-. Then, I continued my walked to the cafe. In the end, I spent the rest of summer break without anything strange happened.

                                                                                                                               To be continued..........
     

by M Indera Ramadani, class 8-8            

           

No comments:

Post a Comment